Full air-conditioning service for Smart cars
We are now fully equipped to service and repair all Smart air-conditioning systems. Sometimes more than a recharge is needed to keep your system running reliably. Therefore we have put together different levels of air-con service to suit your needs:
|Package||Description||Price inc. VAT|
|Leak Test||nitrogen air con leak test||£49.99|
|Air Con Regas||gas recharge, evacuate system, and recharge the system **NB: For systems up to 500g of gas. Anything more than 500g is additional £12 (inc. VAT) per 100g**||£87.99|
Nb. prices correct at the time of publishing, please call to confirm latest prices and availability
COMBINATION FILTER CHANGE
Change your ventilation system’s filters when ordering any of the air-con services above:
|Description||Price inc. VAT|
|All models combination filters||£24.99|
SMART CAR AIR-CON TYPICAL PROBLEMS:
- Lack of, or insufficient air-con gas
- Damage to the condenser radiator at the front of the car (stone damage)
- Dry seals allowing the gas to escape
- Smart Roadsters: damage / faulty suction pipe near the compressor
- Your car air conditioning system loses up to 15% of its refrigerant every year, through dry seals, joints and pipework.
- An air-conditioning system not working properly can use more fuel as the air conditioning pump needs to work harder as less gas is utilised to maintain the required cooling.
- If the gas level is low it means the lubricant is also low as the gas carries the system lubricant and the lubricant maintains the integrity of all the seals in the system and the air-conditioning performance.
- The air-conditioning system should be used regularly to maintain performance and keep seals lubricated and maintain pressure cool in the summer and on hot in the winter for dehumidifying and demisting the windows.
- To ensure the air conditioning system is cooling properly offering the correct climate for you when driving – increasing concentration and comfort, providing a pleasant atmosphere while reducing fatigue and tiredness and stress when driving.
- To ensure the windows are demisting properly and promptly, meaning you can avoid long waits in the winter months as the air conditioning system removes moisture from the air when used on hot setting.
- To reduce the chance of any health related side effects when using the air-conditioning (eye or mucous irritation, Runny nose, sneezing, headache)
- To remove and reduce any unwanted and unpleasant odours from the car select the KoolKlean purification treatment when having your air-conditioning serviced.
- A car air conditioning system can be a source of fungal, bacteria and/or other microbes caused by moisture trapped in the evaporator core, it can create an unpleasant odour, allergic reactions, sneezing, coughing, eye and mucous irritation, drowsiness, chest tightening.
- These are spread through the car when the air-conditioning system is turned on and the fan/blower activated.
- The treatment is an Odour and Bacterial Removal Treatment, combined with air-conditioning servicing to ensure the system is working properly and eliminating any health risks associated with using air conditioning system, eliminating unwanted odours, allergens and irritating agents.
- The KoolKlean purification system works best with change of combination filter offering reduced allergy reaction as well as filtering clean air through the purified air conditioning system.
- The compressor, (driven by a belt from the engine) is where the low pressure vapour is heated and pressurised and travels as a high pressure vapour to the condenser
- It’s in the condenser where the hot gas vapour loses heat (as it passes through the condenser, a special radiator for cooling the air con gas) and changes to a high pressure liquid before entering the dryer
- In the dryer (this removes the moisture from the system and is often the reason you have some drips of water under the car when using the air con system). Moisture is removed by means of a bag of desiccant which absorbs small quantities of moisture and a special drain system. The dried liquid then flows through the expansion valve
- As the high pressure liquid flows through the expansion valve, the pressure and temperature are reduced, and as soon as the liquid pressure drops, the refrigerant begins to boil and changes from a low pressure liquid to a low pressure vapour (R134A refrigerant boils at approximately -26°C). As it continues to boil – the evaporator absorbs the heat in the heating system as it passes over its tubes and fins and as a result, warmth from the air is removed and directed wherever the now cooled air, is required and at the temperature required. Nb Air con does not ‘produce’ cold air; it simply removes heat from the air that is present. The compressor, on its suction side, receives the low pressure vapour from the Evaporator and the cycle starts all over again.